Technical Sales Support Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will be the technical point person for the Distribution Automation product group sales organization in Electrification Distribution Solutions in US, providing technical solutions and advice on ABB products, systems and applications.
Reporting to the Customer Service and Care Manager, you will support local sales teams and customers by advising on technical options and cost-effective solutions. Provide internal and external customer support (e.g. technical /order related assistance) and coordinate with relevant resources to have complete case ownership and to increase customer satisfaction.
- Customer Assistance: Complete ownership of the resolution from time of hand-off from our customer and other ABB colleagues
- Provide technical support via email and phone to our customers
- Help the customer troubleshoot the failure and coordinate with the correct team to provide the customer with a prompt and professional resolution
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to customers in coordination with factory, R&D and or product Group to (a) solve issues and (b) in some cases promote support of design changes
- Provide timely updates if the case cannot be resolved immediately
- Coordinate between team members and the factories to get material, technicians and or equipment to solve the issue
- Promote ideas to improve the product and the process
- Guide the customer when they need technical assistance with their product and refer to level 3 as needed
- Provide Customer Support for protection, control, and automation projects
- Provide product training seminars to help customer personnel in the application and the operation of the products and services
- Provide customers with support for technical applications and in solving technical problems to obtain sales and enhance customer goodwill
- Provide the customer with a detailed, comprehensive report, with findings, root cause analysis and permanent solutions
- Coordination with sales organization and division technical support in order to maximize customer satisfaction
- Maintain a competitive base of knowledge and serve as experts with respect to competitor’s products
- Provide technical support on distribution automation and at times, integration projects (DNP, Modbus, and IEC 61850)
- Work with product management on product enhancement requirements from customer to ensure customers desired product features are included on future product releases
- Work with Research and Development (R&D) to resolve product quality design issues with validation of L4 reporting and communication to customers (engage Level 3 support)
- Provide power system engineering, protection, and troubleshooting expertise
- Consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application, and recommend revisions, as appropriate
- Create warranty orders using our ERP system
- Create and maintain SFDC and CCRP cases to track each service requests
- Proficient with the portfolio of ABB relays and also other brands of relays
- Plan, conduct, or coordinate relatively straightforward engineering analyses and tests, and prepare related reports and summaries, for review
- Customer request: Recommends appropriate solution for customer request and coordinates with related teams to ensure the complete handling of the request (e.g. production capability and scheduling, resourcing, quotes, price lists, invoice is in place)
- Customer relations: Proactively informs customer about issue status based on inputs and provides answers to any questions
- Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the entire process. Must be able to explain in a clear and persuasive manner, the technical merits of the Division’s products in direct contact with the customer
- Must be able to utilize marketing skills to convince customers of the desirability of buying ABB equipment, often in the face of intense bias or preference for competitive products and/or services
- Must be able to teach complex technical subjects to groups of technicians or engineers, tailoring the talk to the level of the audience
- Must be able to create customer confidence in ABB products and services
- Must be able to clearly and concisely present results and recommendations of customer contacts to others within the Division so as to influence the direction of the Division to maximize sales and customer satisfaction
- Data analysis::Prepare detailed reports with findings and share the report with the customer including data analysis, recommendations and reason for the issue reported
- Inform management team of severe quality issues and potential recalls
- High School diploma and 7 years’ experience or Associates degree and 5 years’ experience (preferably customer service in manufacturing environment)
- Proficient with Relays and relay programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Proficient with DOE tools
- Lean six sigma certified is ideal
- Extensive knowledge in ABB products RMAG Breaker, Reclosers, RER620 relays
- Experience testing equipment and with test protocols
- Demonstrated data analysis skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills (technical and commercial issues)
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.