Sr Field Service Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will provide technical support for Measurement Products Service, Process Automation Measurement & Analytics (PAMA) in Houston, Texas, delivering superior, professional service, remotely or on site.
Reporting to the Manager, Field Engineering, you will plan and execute, with little to no professional guidance, complex technical analytical startups, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of ABB’s portfolio and third party analytical products including but not limited to gas chromatography, continuous gas analyzers, emissions analyzers, multi wave technology, networking and related software interface tools.
- Perform complex field service operations that typically present unusual problems requiring strong technical skills. Construct complex prototype models or simulated systems, as requested
- Preventative Maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of ABB supplied analytical equipment
- Installations, commissioning, of new and existing analytical field service equipment. Conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of equipment and procedures. Record, compile and analysis of data and assist in related assessment and preparation of reports
- Upgrade complex applications after understanding the new measurement and application requirements.This complex task typically takes 8 to 10 years of process experience along with detail understanding of gas chromatography and sample handling systems
- Application knowledge of refining processes as they relate to process analytical measurements to ensure the quality of the customer’s refined products. Extensive sample and sample handling systems mandatory to ensure the correct operations of ABB technology
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, applying own knowledge and experience. Recommend changes such as new equipment or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction. Conduct detailed inventories and inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repairs, and assist in determining resource requirements
- Safety: Perform work assignments following ABB’s and customer’s safety policies and procedures
- Complete all paperwork required for the job including but not limited to service tickets, travel and living, time entry weekly or after completing an assignment requiring this activity
- Associates degree in technical field, preferably Analytical, Instrumentation or Electrical and minimum 4 years of experience in chemical or refining is preferred
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.