The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start
The Product Development Senior Scientist manages and participates in technical projects and activities for The Bountiful Company's Vitamin, Mineral, Herbs and Supplements (VMHS) branded new products, including design, development, and technology transfer of new formulas, processes, products, line extensions and provides technical support to core products as needed.
- Leads technical execution of new and innovative VMHS product launches from ideation through commercialization e.g. technical brief generation, formula development, prototyping, pilot production, shelf life studies, analytical testing, and finished product specification development.
- Proactively identifies and leads technical team evaluation of novel functional ingredients, delivery forms, process and other relevant technologies to fuel future innovation.
- Partners with internal consumer research teams to design and coordinate consumer research studies to optimize product design and assure new products deliver an exceptional consumer experience.
- Establishes strong working relationships with external suppliers, contract development labs and manufacturing sites to successfully advance projects in accordance with the overall project timeline.
- Organizes and facilitates cross-functional team discussions with R&D, Marketing, Quality, and Supply-Chain project leads to drive decision making and progress on new product development initiatives.
- Presents interpreted trial results, development updates, and technical recommendations to management and project team members and stakeholders as required.
- Travels to pilot plant facilities and performs plant trials with co-manufacturers as well as internal plants both domestically and internationally. Approximately 10% Travel.