Senior Legal Counsel Turbocharging
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The role of Senior Legal Counsel is to apply the global strategy for the functional area for the USA and the Americas and acting as Country/Region authority. Counsel management on all legal and integrity issues.
Reporting to the Division Lead Counsel – Turbocharging, you have to ensure appropriate risk management and full compliance with laws and regulations, as well as internal global directives and instructions.
- Legal advice: Provides legal advice and counsel to the local and global management, protects legal interests of the organization and manages all disputes and litigation matters
- Contract negotiation: Provides contract reviews and negotiates frame agreements, contracts, partnerships, and other contractual terms in collaboration with relevant business managers
- Management: Provides legal guidance on strategic matters and acts as member of the USA Local Division Management Team
- Legal strategies: Anticipates and identifies legal issues of concern to the organization and to management, proactively develops effective legal strategies and practical solutions
- Global Collaboration: Acts as part of the global Legal & Integrity team, participates in global projects and provides support to Legal & Integrity members in other countries
- Governance: Ensures good corporate governance in areas of accountability in Country and Region. Identifies need for and implements new or updated directives/guidelines based on local legislation and needs. Ensures both local and global legal directives and instructions are implemented in areas of responsibility
- Integrity: Contributes to the development and implementation of global legal and integrity strategy, policies and programs
- Monitors on-going integrity matters and manages implementation of the Code of Conduct, the data privacy and other Integrity-related policies. Ensures investigation and resolution of any integrity issues that arise
- Intellectual Property (IP): Support implementation of Intellectual Property (trademarks and patents in particular) strategy in close collaboration and under general leadership of Global IP function, taking advice and guidance if necessary from external lawyers
- Training: Plans and ensures delivery of legal and integrity communication and training for employees in USA and Region
- Budget: Participates in defining the annual budget for the area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints
- Board Secretary: Acts as secretary of the Board for US legal entity. Prepares meetings of the board of directors, takes and keeps minutes of each board meeting, drafts and circulates board resolutions
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited US law school
- Admission to the US Bar, Florida bar is preferred
- At least 15 years of post-qualification proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environments
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures as well as compliance systems
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information, and create risk-based legal strategies
- Outstanding stakeholder and English language communication skills
- Pertinent experience in antitrust and intellectual property matters
- Experience in US Government contracting and nuclear applications is a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish language is preferred
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
In November 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.