Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As Regional Materials Manager(PLS) for our hospital-based labs, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
The Regional Materials Manager will manage the supply chain process (requisitioning, receiving, warehousing and distribution, etc) of all supplies and materials for Quest’s hospital-based labs. The Regional Materials Manager will travel across multiple hospital sites, with a concentration of sites in NJ. The Regional Materials Manager will partner closely with multiple Quest and hospital teams tied to the materials portfolio, as well as partner closely with Quest’s national procurement team for superior customer experience. The role will report in to the Regional Materials Director.
1. Comply with all applicable and current Human Resources, Internal Audit, Compliance, College of American Pathologists (CAP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Finance and Materials and Services Management regulations, policies and procedures as well as any other policies deemed applicable.
2. Manage materials management staff .
3. Act as liaison between requisitioner and the Purchasing Operations Center (POC), including but not limited to requisition review, requisition approval as needed, tracking backorders, problem resolution, Supplier Performance Management System (SPMS) input, managing product recall for the BU, returns and damaged goods.
4. Collaborate with POC and Contract Manager in sourcing issues.
5. Manage the Lab Utilization and Client Utilization process to reduce the supply cost per requisition/test.
6. Resolve invoice discrepancies in conjunction with Accounts Payable, the POC and appropriate Contract Managers.
7. Manage the month end closing process in the Stock clerk or appropriate Materials Management system.
8. Review all requisitions for accuracy (quantity, date needed, etc.), making necessary corrections, prior to being released to the POC.
9. Manage the New Item Request (NIR) and New Vendor Request (NVR) process in conjunction with the POC.
10. Manage the timely receiving, handling, distribution and returns of all materials shipments. GOAL Same day receipt and distribution.
11. Manage open requisition and purchase orders in conjunction with the POC.
12. Maintain the Stock clerk Business Unit (BU) database to reflect accurate descriptions, units of measure, etc.
13. Provide training to employees on proper use of Stock clerk or appropriate Materials Management system as needed.
14. Provide tools, reports, information and/or resources to the BU departments to manage and improve supply costs while minimizing inventory on hand.
15. Manage warehouse and department inventory to ensure adequate supply of materials while minimizing inventory costs.
16. Manage direct report Staff, including work flow, performance reviews, etc.
17. Provide input and resources to Corporate Materials and Services Management as required.
18. Become qualified as a Stock clerk Super User to train and assist others with Stock clerk applications.
19. Perform other duties as required.
• B. A. or B. S. degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Certified Purchasing Manager (C. P. M.) certification desired
- 5+ years of experience in Materials, Warehousing, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Operations or equivalent.
- APICS certification highly desirable.
- Minimum of five plus years of people management experience required
- Knowledge of Laboratory operations preferred
- Knowledge of Six Sigma preferred
*The Regional Materials Manager will be required to travel between multiple health systems within the East region . Heavy (~50% travel) regional travel is required.