Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Product Owner, Consumer Initiated Testing, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
The Product Owner, Consumer Initiated Testing can be a remote role. Preference is given to candidates located in Eastern time zone who can access our Secaucus, NJ office as needed.
Product Owner, Consumer Initiated Testing, the role:
As a Product Owner, Consumer Initiated Testing, you will work for the world leader in the diagnostics industry, working in a new team focused on growing DTC Diagnostic Testing through QuestDirect. The QuestDirect (CIT) Team wants to empower Consumers in Healthcare.
The Product Owner, Consumer Initiated Testing will lead new solution and product development through a cross-functional team supporting growth opportunities for Quest Direct. You will prioritize and build business cases to execute strategies with Marketing, Engineering, and the Value-Delivery organization. This professional reports to the Strategic Growth Product Director.
- Deliver business outcomes per data and business-driven epics.
- Define and prioritize features and user stories and establish relevant acceptance criteria.
- Act as the product owner for multiple Agile pods/teams.
- Work with the Agile pods/teams to prioritize the backlog to ensure on-time delivery.
- Collect product feedback and manage regular product/service KPI reporting (including order volume, revenue, conversion rate, etc.).
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify, develop, and implement products/solutions to address unmet customer needs and will drive profitable growth.
- Execute effective life-cycle management across the sub-segment through robust cross-functional team management.
- Create and maintain a product roadmap.
- Collaborate with market research to deliver insights on customer needs and desired solutions.
- Ensure the voice of customer is brought into the product/solution creation process.
- Identify improvements to the user experience.
- Conduct regular competitive overviews; Stay up to date on e-commerce/consumer best practices to incorporate in user features and stories.
- Understand the competitive landscape to ensure we have winning solutions in development and in market.
- Understand the continuum of care requirements and gaps.
- Contribute to the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) in concert with the Strategic Growth Product Director and Medical Product Director.
- Work with Value Delivery partners to achieve agreed revenue, volume, and margin targets in AOP.
- Partner with Marketing on product/solution marketing strategy and mix.
- Collaborate and set expectations with stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Additional consumer-related assignments and projects as they emerge.
- Achieve revenue, volume, and margin targets in sub-segment AOP
- Development of 3-year sub-segment Strategic Plan
- Development of sub-segment AOP
- Manage discretionary spend
- On-time delivery of product roadmap
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years relevant experience in healthcare is preferred (consumer, pharmaceuticals and/or diagnostics) with at least 3 years in strategic marketing & product management
- Undergraduate degree in any field, MBA preferred
- Experience with Agile
- Experience with Rally or other product management tool
- Product Management/Owner Certification is preferred
- Consumer and digital/ecommerce experience is a plus
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Previous P&L management experience is a plus
- Familiarity with A/B testing and Google Analytics
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Power Point, Word and Excel
- Ability to prepare and persuasively present clear and concise written communications, both in report and presentation formats
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity, prioritizing effort and resources accordingly, flex and establish balance between tactical and strategic priorities
- Demonstrated success as project leader with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve identified deliverables
- Utilizes creative approaches towards continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organization
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.