SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The focus of this hands-on position involves the analysis and reporting of various products such as natural gas, crude condensate, and crude oil using GPA, ASTM, and in-house methodologies. Analysis of core samples using either routine or special core analysis techniques and PVT testing equipment.
- Perform Sulphur Speciation Analysis by GC-SCD.
- Carry out flow assurance tests including Wax Appearance Temperature (WAT) by DSC and/or CPM and SARA Analysis by HPLC.
- Assist in setting up, adjusting and operating laboratory equipment.
- Assist and/or perform analytical tests from well-defined standards and procedures as assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor or senior laboratory staff.
- Maintaining laboratory calibrations and keeping equipment in good working condition.
- Attend training and pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical and gas analysis, including Right-to-Know training, hazardous materials disposal, and other safety and compliance training required by applicable regulations.
- Work with SGS Data Quality Engineers and Business Development staff regarding questions of laboratory results, testing protocols, and final results of laboratory studies.
- Support laboratory goals to meet operational excellence
- Follow instructions from senior laboratory staff
- Work with the Data Quality Engineers to ensure high quality laboratory data and to resolve any issues with laboratory results.
- Maintain high level of communication with the Laboratory Supervisor and provide regular updates as requested during PVT studies
- Travel, sometimes with short notice, for occasional field projects as required
- Provide input and support as required for quotations, tenders, invoicing, and contracts
- Provide technical support, guidance, and training to other lab personnel as required
- Follow standard operating procedures related to work-flow path from sample arrival to data reporting on a job by job basis
- Attend internal and external training courses as requested
- Maintain up to date laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration records.
- Work closely with other OGC operations such as downstream/crude assay labs and also Environmental labs to meet common goals
- Meet SGS quality objectives and follow ISO 9001/BRM Quality Management System including continuous improvement program
- Help, respond and resolve corrective and preventive actions
- Ensure full compliance with all regulatory standards and SGS QHSE standards,
- Adhere to SGS ethics policy
- Adhere to client’s confidentiality agreement
- Perform any other duties as required by the company
- A Bachelor’s degree in a physical science, chemical engineering, or related discipline is desired.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an upstream fluid analysis laboratory or petroleum testing laboratory.
- Knowledge of upstream fluids testing equipment such as PVT testing equipment, gas chromatography, and various bench chemistry instrumentation is required.
- Previous experience in Chemistry, Chemical/Petroleum Industry, or appropriate science-related field.
- Self-motivated and driven to meet delivery times
- Strong attention to accuracy and quality
- Maintains a high standard of professionalism, safety and service quality
- Basic understanding of phase behavior, PVT test analysis, field sampling and well site analysis
- Strong aptitude for oilfield analysis, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and chemistry.
- Previous offshore / well-site experience
- Must be fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to execute work orders provided by Data Quality Engineers
- Work well under pressure and able to coordinate projects with PVT Lab Supervisor to achieve desired goals and deliver results within set timelines
- Proficient in computing skills especially in Ms. Word, Excel and PowerPoint and able to generate graphs / charts for data reporting
- Ability to fill out laboratory forms accurately and completely
- Ability to perform basic calculations related to laboratory measurements
- Able to work unusual hours when called upon
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.