Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for overseeing the applicant and return donor reception and registration processes.
• Supervise reception and medical staff.
• Assist management with daily center operations to include development of reception and medical staff, assessment and improvement of processes, troubleshooting issues and managing donor flow.
1. In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), supervise daily activities of reception, medical, and customer service operations. Provide clear and consistent instructions and directions, conduct meetings, and clearly communicate performance expectations. May be required to perform tasks in work areas. Advise management of employee relation issues or escalated donor issues.
2. In conjunction with other management and supervisory staff, facilitate donor movement throughout the center minimizing donor wait time and processing.
3. Supervise reception and medical work areas activities to ensure proper handling of supplies and materials. Coordinate plans and deliver medical and reception staff training.
4. Repair or replace equipment in a timely manner. Update equipment status and documentation on a regular basis.
5. Ensure adequate reception and medical staffing to provide sufficient support based upon center size, structure and donor flow. Create schedules for direct reports per company procedures. Monitor time card procedures, attendance and overtime usage.
6. Conduct investigations, participate in root cause analysis, and develop recommendations for process improvement.
7. Participate with management in conducting performance appraisals and providing performance feedback. With management review and direction, document verbal and written coaching level corrective actions, as needed.
8. Participate, as appropriate, with management in the recruitment and selection of center operation staff.
9. Act as liaison for Center Medical Director and Divisional Medical Director. Coordinate Center Medical Director activities.
10. Follow and ensure staff adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), company policies and procedures.
11. Comply with all local, state and federal regulations and laws to include, but not limited to: ADA, Civil Rights, EEOC, FDA, GHA, HIIPA, and OSHA.
12. Participate in selected Center Leadership meetings and present pertinent related medical topics. Conduct and document monthly medical meetings.
13. Ensure accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
14. Provide medical oversight and guidance to center specialty and employee Hep B programs. Understand policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center, as applicable.
15. Maintain clean efficient work environment, and ensure sufficient operating supplies and forms are available. Comply with all Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Conduct routine internal procedures and documentation audits, as applicable. Promote safety in all actions.
16. Maintain an environment free from harassment or intimidation of any employee by co-workers, management personnel or any external source. Immediately report (orally and/or in writing) all incidents of harassment to a manger and Human Resources.
17. Maintain professional image and confidentiality of all company records and information at all times.
18. Will be cross-trained in all technical areas and other functions to meet business needs.
19. Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
20. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Active state licensure from a paramedic, nursing, physician assistant, chiropractic, naturopathic training program or medical school required OR
• Completion of a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical school and only if also currently licensed as a physician or certified as an EMT in the state
• Supervisory experience and regulated environment strongly preferred
• Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to reach a solution
• Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on immediate work unit
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Examine and assess the skin and other abnormalities through sight, touch and smell
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens.
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified candidates for future openings.
If you are interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. Someone will follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be immediate.
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position, most are effective the first day of hire: Options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical and prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be immediate.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL Plasma.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!