Basic Purpose: Health Systems Business Development Executive
Profitably grow revenue from new targeted health system accounts by building relationships with key decision-makers, developing comprehensive proposals and delivering value propositions that result in the award of new contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Target and secure profitable health system reference laboratory business in line with the Company’s growth strategy by effectively targeting prospective new accounts.
• Understand, promote and leverage the company’s enterprise products and service model offerings as part of the overall value proposition Create in-depth prospect profiles, build relationships with decision-makers, understand client needs, develop and present proposals to secure new business.
• Provide overall support to new accounts to ensure clients receive highest level of service during their on-boarding phase; transition to account manager and ensure an effective service transition.
• Develop and execute strategic plans by bringing together the key people, processes and functions to deliver unique cross-business solutions for individual health system Engage with sales leaders, marketing and operations in developing market plans and value propositions for targeted health systems.
• Maintain a sufficient pipe-line of opportunities to ensure a close rate that achieves the annual goal.
• Stay abreast of changes in the marketplace impacting customers. Maintain a working knowledge of the company’s differentiating products and those of the competitors.
The territory will cover the Great Midwest Region (Central Region).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or the Life Sciences
• Ten (10) years of successful sales experience in healthcare with B2B transactions preferred
• Knowledge of reference laboratory business, tests and processes
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry, payors and regulations
• Understand general economics of B2B business transactions
• Track record demonstrating strong “closing” skills and revenue growth
• Ability to travel across significant geographical region including by air
• Business Acumen
• Action Oriented
• Customer Focus
• Presentation Skills
• Interpersonal savvy
• Priority Setting
• Drive for Results
• Political Savvy