Functional Analyst, ERP PP/QM/PM
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be helping to create business blueprints, contributing to the delivery of Information Systems services, as part of IS GBS Hub and Front Office in Cary, North Carolina. you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems, participate in building our IS solution capability and grow together with the rapidly developing business.
Reporting to the Manager Operations, You will be responsible to perform various ABB business analyses to support decisions regarding IS solutions; under supervision creates/assists the appropriate Business Blueprint; functionally define solutions fulfilling customer requirements leveraging best practices.
- IS Service Delivery: Collaborates with IS Service Managers, Business Process Specialist, Information Systems (IS) Business Engagement Manager, IS Service Managers and IS Application Owner to estimate the effort for IS solution/services development, change requests and releases.
- Translates requirements from projects and changes into specifications for internal and external delivery parties.
- Creates and maintains the Business Blueprint (BBP - detailed process description and requirements document).
- Understands the related business processes in detail and applies this knowledge to shape and align IS solution/services building and delivery activities.
- Assists in the installation, management, maintenance, and optimization of internal and cross-functional processes related to IS Services.
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the relevant area of responsibility, contributing technical and business process/data expertise to either support ongoing operations or develop new software.
- Supports the Business Partner in the qualification of the business request for assigned services.
- Maintains a view of upcoming demand within the services in scope.
- Pre-qualifies and prioritizes change requests, escalates changes that should be projects to the IS Service Manager.
- Provides consultation, gives advice and supports the installation of new IS solutions/ services, or the changing of existing IS solutions/services.
- For assigned tasks, executes all actions in IS processes according to the agreed Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed (RACIS) definition.
- Supports the Run Organization in the incident and problem resolution when functional verification is required.
- IS Strategy, IS Standards: Keeps up-to-date and informed of ABB IS Enterprise Architecture and ABB IS Strategy planned or ad-hoc changes. Stays abreast of any incident, change or project which has or might have a major impact on the relevant part of the service.
- Ensures work in the delivery domain is compliant with ABB IS Enterprise Architecture, the ABB IS Application Roadmap and any other applicable ABB Group Directives and ABB Group Guidelines, especially ABB IS Guidelines and Directive, that deal with IS service delivery.
- People leadership and development: Provides guidance or support to delivery teams, guiding and monitoring task completion, sharing expert knowledge and advice without carrying line responsibility.
- Budget: Manages assigned budget effectively and delivers activities within agreed schedules and costs. Participates in the definition of costs and schedules.
- Stakeholder Management: Works with various Business and IS stakeholders to design effective solutions that drive business value and ensures stakeholder alignment for the MM/WM solution approach.
- Reports progress to end users, colleagues and management alike.
- Domain Specific Role: Functional Analyst of the SAP MM/WM team at ABB, responsible to define, deploy and support technical solutions that are in line with business requirements and IS governance.
- Degree in information management, computer systems, business engineering or similar and minimum 3 years of IS experience within SAP PP, QM & PM domain.
- Superior experience in translating business requirements into IS capabilities and solutions.
- Strong knowledge in PP, QM, PM with at least 1 full life cycle implementations.
- Minimum 2 years of SAP configuration experience in SAP PP/QM/PM Module: hands on experience for testing, design and configuration in MM/WM related processes is required.
- Practical knowledge of integration with other SAP Modules: Sales, Service, Materials Management, Finance, and Project Systems.
- Superior experience in objectively evaluating IS solutions and making recommendations.
- Excellent analytical skills and a deep understanding of the overall context of business processes and IS technologies.
- Excellent experience in project planning and execution as well as understanding or anticipating the economic aspects of system management and life cycle.
- Solid experience of identifying and resolving issues between team members or other teams.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Good organization, time management and decision making skills.
- Knowledge on application development processes, including thorough knowledge of IT service management concepts.
- Ability to communication effectively with local, global and cross-divisional virtual teams.
- Exceptional team player and collaborator.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Project related travel may be required during certain project phases; up to 30%.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Global Business Services (GBS) is ABB’s shared services organization which delivers operational and expert services in Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Legal, Global Travel Services and external Customer Contact Centers. With employees based in five main hubs and front offices, GBS provides mainly Business services to ABB teams across the globe as well as supports with external customer inquiries.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.