Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join our team! This individual will assist with a range of corporate matters supporting the legal team primarily in real estate portfolio management (purchase/ sale and leasing) but also in litigation, due diligence, and day to day operations unique to the broadcast media industry. This individual must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and work well in a team environment.
- Provide daily support to stations regarding daily operations including contracts, real estate, and risk management
- Assist in real estate purchase and sale transactions (track dates, prepare documentation, manage/coordinate ancillary documents)
- Track leases and related documents (e.g. estoppels) and collaborate with the Facilities Department on terminations, renewals, new leases, and analyzing operating expenses.
- Review, negotiate and draft certain contracts (e.g. non-disclosure, trade, operating, etc.) and leases (tower and studio)
- Assist with due diligence, as needed, in connection with transactions (mergers, acquisitions and divestitures)
- Assist as needed on special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in paralegal studies or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience working as a paralegal in a law firm or corporation
- Ability to (i) complete and prioritize a large volume of tasks for multiple clients within tight deadlines, (ii) work efficiently and effectively, (iii) exercise independent judgment, and (iv) maintain excellent client relations with Sinclair’s Senior Management, Stations and Regional Sports Networks
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.