Business Health, Safety & Env Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This role contributes to improving health, safety and environment (HSE) performance, helping the organization to deliver a high-performing culture through clear accountability and a skilled organization in the Electrification Distribution Solutions based in US.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role shall supports the Service Center Manager and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining quality, health, safety and environmental, processes at the Evansville IN Service Center.
- Work closely with all functions of the facility at all levels to ensure a quality & safety focused culture, and work with functional HSE leadership within Electrification Industrial Solutions to support key initiatives
- Maintain 100% compliance with federal, state and local HSE regulations for the Evansville facility.
- Assist in the development and implementation of HSE procedures, programs and systems for existing and new projects/tasks to eliminate or control risk, reduce work related incidents, injuries, and illnesses at the facility.
- Conduct and document compliance/management system audits, and self-assessments at the facility to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, as well as specific ABB regulations relating to air, solid waste and water, and employee health and safety with a goal to reduce risk and liability
- Responsible for identification and timely submission of all applicable HSE permits (fire safety occupancy permits and any environmental / operating permits required) while maintaining the facility's compliance records for all applicable permits.
- Review Federal, State and local regulation changes that impact permits and permit compliance.
- Conduct and document health and safety training of site personnel, including but not limited to Electrical Safety and LOTO Training
- Ensure the facility personnel have mechanisms to effectively address employee HSE concerns in a timely manner.
- Drive improvements in compliance processes, employee training, and HSE performance and maintain computerized HSE metrics and records, and participate in Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings
- Conduct and document compliance/management system audits, and self-assessments at the facility to ensure compliance with specific ABB Quality regulations relating to gauge calibration, record keeping, hazardous and non-hazardous materials storage and maintenance for environment and shelf-life. Ability to maintain a relationship with materials vendors. Ability to maintain and implement preventative maintenance objectives.
- Work closely with Service Center Manager (SCM) and Quality Operation Manager (QOM) in executing the IS business wide Quality strategy including implementation of the QMS and standard operating procedures
- Identify quality and/or customer, implement procedures, document, organize, maintain records and utilize web-based and local computer programs
- Execute the audit plan loaded into Gensuite
- Track and assist in resolving and closing action items from CI plans and audit findings
- Shop Floor contact to identify quality issues and record Q-notes as required
- Conduct Tool Box talks with team and review all quality related information and data
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or Environmental Science.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience operational safety, compliance, and environmental programs in a manufacturing or service and repair facility.
- Ability to implement HSE programs and achieve measurable goals
- Strong: oral and written communication, leadership, project management, organizational, analytical, and auditing skills.
- Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training
- Background in auditing to work instructions and standards, and with preventative maintenance activities.
- Willingness to travel as needed and the flexibility to support multiple shifts as necessary
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.